Contract Dispute: Sibanyoni vs. Kruger United!

Author Avatar

Newsonline

Joined: Aug 2026

The PSL Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) will sit down to hear the matter between Kruger United and striker Thabang Sibanyoni over a contract that was not signed by both parties.

Sibanyoni decided to approach the DRC after Kruger United released him.

The striker alleges the club offered him a 12-month contract, which he signed alongside his agent Themba Shabalala of TT Sports.

Kruger United never signed the contract despite the player spending about three weeks with them. However, the club included Sibanyoni when they revealed their 15 new signings last month.

Shabalala tells Soccer Laduma that they are not taking the matter lying down and are prepared for a legal battle.

“The matter is being dealt with by our lawyer, but I can tell you it’s before the PSL DRC,” said Shabalala.

“The bottom line is we agreed to a deal with Kruger United through their sporting director, Elasto Kapowedza, and they sent us a contract. We agreed on everything, and we signed. I mean, Thabang and I,” he said.

Later on, Kruger United allegedly raised issues with Sibanyoni’s medical, but Shabalala has disputed this.

“The whole team did two medical tests, and there was no issue with Thabang. They asked for his clearance around the 13th of July and we forwarded it to them after we got it from Magesi. He was then announced as one of their new signings, on their own platforms. The player was later asked to go for a third medical, and Thabang went for it. He came back and said there was nothing. I remember Thabang had a knee operation in 2016. That was 10 years ago, and Thabang has never had issues,” stated Shabalala.

“Kruger United then informed us that Thabang’s knee is loose, but Thabang was training, and he has no injury worries. If you check, he played regularly at Richards Bay and Magesi. He had no injury concerns, and even now at Kruger United, he played in the (Mpumalanga) Premier’s Cup, with no issues. He was told to go home. He was with them for three weeks, trained and played for them. That’s when we went to our lawyer, who sent Kruger United a letter seeking clarity, and they never responded. We went to the PSL, and they have sent communication to Kruger United. So the matter will now go to the DRC,” added Shabalala.

In the spirit of fair play, Soccer Laduma contacted Kruger United, who say now that the matter is with the PSL, the club is not at liberty to comment at this stage.

“We are waiting to see how the matter will progress… it’s difficult to comment on our standpoint at the moment, because we have received letters. It’s a legal matter that will be handled by our legal team,” said Kapowedza.

3 Sundowns Departures Still Possible

Ex-Chiefs Defender Supports Zwane Loan Move

Zwane Pleased With Usuthu’s Effort

Comments

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

Top 5

Trending
Editors Pick

Starting XI: Chiefs v Sundowns
Aug 15, 2026 01:36 PM
in Starting-XI-Previews

Aug 14, 2026 12:29 PM
in Local

Aug 15, 2026 07:26 PM
in Players Abroad

Aug 15, 2026 08:58 AM
in Players Abroad

Aug 12, 2026 06:15 PM
in Starting-XI-Previews

May 06, 2026 12:45 PM
in Kaizer-Chiefs

May 06, 2026 12:31 PM
in SA-Players-Abroad

May 06, 2026 11:51 AM
in Mamelodi-Sundowns

May 06, 2026 10:26 AM
in African Football

May 06, 2026 01:05 PM
in Fan Park

Leave your comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *